Saturday, May 4, 2013

Extra Credit - Writing Conference

On Wednesday, April 11, 2013 I attended the Undergraduate research writing conference. There I attended three power-points.

The first power point that I attended was a business proposal for a student funding program. The statistics that were displayed by this proposal were shocking and the rates at which student tuition is increasing is unreal. This was also interesting to me as it pertained to this course.

The second power point was a business proposal to persuade students to stop drinking water out of water bottles. I had no previous knowledge as to what harm water bottles cause the environment. This presentation pursuaded me to stop drinking water out of bottles and buy a Britta water bottle with a filter in order to drink tap water. Another shocking statistic and statement that was made in this power point presentation was the fact that water bottles are proven to be unhealthy. Therefore, to this day I drink tap water.

The last presentation that was presented was a very interesting presentation on the funding of stem cell research. As a person who is not interested in genetics or any human biology of that sort, I walked in there thinking that I would be inattentive, but came to realize that it was VERY interesting. Who thought that stem cell research could possibly cure paralysis?

I had a great time at this conference and learned a lot from the speakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment